Monday, January 17, 2011

Preparing

This is going to be a really great semester. I can already tell.

Yesterday, I woke up at 6:45 am to drive back to Des Moines. I left at 8 am so I could get to DG by 11:00. It was a typically dreary winter day outside, with only clouds and gray-colors in the sky. When I crossed out of Missouri, into Iowa I saw this:
This picture doesn't really capture how pretty it was, but the blue of the sky with the open road ahead of me just made me stop and think, "wow, this is really beautiful." I thought it was a good sign.

After I moved into my new room, I met up with the new PHC (Panhellenic Council) and IFC (Interfraternity Council) in our student center. From there, we headed to Ames for our overnight retreat. I was really nervous to get started with a new council, but it was so good. All the women on PHC exec are so great and we're all on the same page. We're all really pumped to get started. They are going to do some great things.

Today, I finished moving into Middle Four (I'm not allowed to put pictures up yet because my other roommates aren't clean yet), organized my room, got my mail from break (four letters and a new backpack!), and caught up with my friends.

It is always good to get organized before something new starts. I can't wait to start my classes tomorrow and get meetings on a roll. I'm going to be busy, but I am making it a priority to schedule time into my day to stop and listen to God. I don't like that I have to plan it, but I know if I am intentional in trying to be conscious of Him in my life, my semester will be great.

I can't wait to get started tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment