Today is National Squirrel Appreciation Day!
1. They are so funny, especially on Drake's campus.
2. Squirrels communicate with each other using their tails, by waving them around in different patterns.
3. Some squirrels can fly. (Well, kind of). Tree squirrels can run/jump at 20 miles an hour. Woah.
4. They are so cute and fluffy!
5. They use their tail as an umbrella of sorts to shield themselves from the sun.
Squirrels are fun to watch, but there is one squirrel that has a special place in my heart.
This is Evil Kenevil.
He goes by the name of Kenevil.
He's friendly, loves Camp Tecumseh, is a wonderful friend, likes to be crazy, and is always there for you. Kenevil had a very wonderful, but very hard summer at Camp T.
He LOVED living in Ojibwa.
He was able to make lots of new friends there.
He had fun singing the "Brown Squirrel" song at flagpole, because he got to bring out his crazy side.
But, most importantly, Kenevil got married!
Her name is Haley, and they loved each other very much. Sadly, Haley is no longer with us, so Kenevil had a hard end to his summer.
He has been praying a lot and knows Haley is in a better place now. Although he misses her, he knows God put her in his life for a reason, and is a better squirrel because of her.
Since today is national squirrel appreciation day, Kenevil and I are going to have a lot of fun.
Kenevil says hi to all of his friends! He really misses everyone he met at Camp T, and he especially misses Jane and Brittany. But, he says he is loving life at DG (like always) and can't wait for summer 2011!