Wednesday, January 12, 2011

‎"I didn't ask you to become new and improved today. That wasn't the goal. You were broken down and strange yesterday, and you still are today, and the only one freaked out about it is you."--God via Cold Tangerines.

This quote is currently my friend Arielle's facebook status.

It's from all of us at Camp T's favorite book, Cold Tangerines by Shauna Niequist. This particular quote is from a story called "Old House." I've read the story before, but it really never clicked. Today it did.

I've been upset with myself lately because I am not perfect. I know that God loves me, but I feel as though He is looking at me, and sort of shaking His about all the great things I could do if I would just get my act together.

That is so not true.

Yes, I am no where near perfect. And yes, I need to work on my relationship with God. I know this. But I beat myself up over not praying enough, and for being a sinner. Guess what? We're all sinners. And God loves us (me included) the same.

I think this quote make me realize that yes, there are incredible things that I can do if I grow in my faith and "get my act together" in improving my relationship with God. But the cool thing is, I can do incredible things with God right now. I don't need to be perfect. I can live for Him, I can grow in His love, and I can show others the way simply by living my life with Him as my guide. All it takes is a little initiative and courage.

He "didn't ask [me] to become new and improved today." He asked me to try my hardest, to give life my best effort, and to love others.

I can do that.

Praise the Lord for fbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment