Monday, January 3, 2011

"It's a ball, it'll roll!"

Life is so so so great right now. Here's why:

  1. I got to spend time with four amazing women last night.
  2. I'm in Indiana.
  3. I'M AT CAMP. This is the best place in the entire world. There is just no other way to describe it. Murphy drove me here, and when we pulled in, she sighed and said, "home." It's just so true. This is my second home. This place radiates God's joy, love, and peace. You just can't help but be happy when you're at camp.
  4. I got to see Tom, Mike, Jordan, Adam, Bonnie, and Joel this morning. It was literally only for one minute (I ran down to the office before my conference started), but it amazing how refreshing it is to say "hi, I think you're great, I'm glad I know you, and it's so so genuinely good to see you" to camp people.
  5. We have an amazing team of mentors for this conference. There are 10 of us (3 women, 7 men), and we are all here to initiate values based living and change in greek life. Our purpose these next three days is to introduce living your ritual. It's so good to meet people who"get it" and understand greek life the way that you do.
  6. We got to do team building. I LOVE team building. I love how it can bring people together, how it relates to real life, how it pulls out the strengths in everyone, and how every person involved is important to achieving the end goal.
  7. Jordan came up and visited for a bit when we were done with mentor training for the day. It was so good to catch up and talk with him. He is such a great person and friend.
  8. I got some wonderful texts from my friends Arielle, Sarah M., and Sarah W. today. The three of them are so great and I really love them.
I am really looking forward to the next three days. Future Quest is going to be an amazing experience. I can't wait to get to know the participants, and to bond more with this mentor group.

(Sad news. I left my camera cord at home. I will have to add pictures to my posts from this week when I get home.)

No comments:

Post a Comment