Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Celebrating Friendship

Week 8 was a big week for me this summer. It was the last week of Empire, I had an incredible cabin, and everyone was starting to get sentimental. But that's not why this week was so great. Exactly one year earlier, between weeks 7 & 8, Sarah and I met. To celebrate, we matched every single day week 8.


Matching was fun, but I really liked the significance behind why we matched.


Sarah has made an incredible difference in my life this past year. She has been my link to camp when I was missing it like crazy. She has encouraged me to grow in my faith and kept me close to Christ while at school. In just being who she is, she has challenged me to stay true to myself and who I am.
I am constantly inspired by her and I am so blessed to have her in my life. I think this is the type of friendship God wants us to have. I love that we did something so simple and silly to show each other how much we appreciate the other this week. I am blessed to have many incredible friends in my life, and I think I need to celebrate them more. I want them to know how much I love and appreciate them. So this week, my first week being affiliated with Delta Gamma this school year, I am making an effort to  celebrate my friendships in simple ways. I encourage you to do the same.
My favorite part of the week was when on Thursday, Tom asked us if we were wearing the same shirt. Hilarious.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!
    (said in british accent) "ahh you ahnd smoooney weaahing the sahme shhiihhrrt?"
    ps: look how hard core jess is creepin behind me
    LOVE YOU AND OUR FRIENDSHIP.

    ReplyDelete