Monday, February 7, 2011

FUN 101.

Today during Bible Study, two sister's from Nebraska joined us.

I'm not going to lie. Nun's freak me out a little bit. But, they were both so precious and loved God so much. It was wonderful.

We asked what a typical day looks like for them, and my favorite thing they told me was that every night they have recreation together. One of the sister's said (in not so many words), "I think it is important to have a little bit of fun in life everyday. We shouldn't be living for the weekend to have our fun, hating 5/7 days of the week. Fun should happen everyday. Yes, we have fun with our kids at school, but it is important that we share fun with each other, and enjoy our fellowship together." I totally support that statement.

In looking at my life, I totally don't take time to create a little bit of fun everyday. That is going to be my goal for February, I think. From here on out, I am making time for a little bit of fun everyday.

So whether this fun is watching a movie, crafting, going ice skating, going to a sporting event, baking, or an elaborate scavenger hunt around your town, I will be putting it into my schedule for this month!

P.S. Mirror Men have a great message about fun. And a pretty catchy song, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment