Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I'm Being Peer Pressured Into Posting.

Thursday was the start of Survivor/Amazing Race training. I had so much fun being reunited with old staff and getting to know new people before the summer started. It was a great opportunity to work on our team building skills and come together as a smaller group before the who staff comes together. I love that after 24 hours you feel really close to camp people. It made me even more exited for staff training. I seriously cannot wait.


Thursday night, I got to see Arielle. I helped her unpack her car for a little bit, then we went to Dairy Queen and had real conversations about life and God. It was so good to see her and I can't wait until we get to be real life friends this summer.

Friday was the end of training. About a half hour later, Sarah Mooney got to camp. We sat on the floor in Shoshone and packed my suitcase and caught up after being separated for a week and a half. We laughed a lot and Sarah got to make some new friends.

After a night out with some great camp friends who I hadn't seen in awhile, I flew home for my sister's graduation.

When I got home, I got to hang out with my mom for a bit and shop for my sister's graduation present. We had a lot of fun at the mall hanging out with giant pretzels and visiting the American Girl Doll Store.



On Sunday night, the 2011 class of BVN became high school graduates. I'm so proud of my sister and all of her friends. It seriously feels like we just moved here & I was meeting them as 8th graders for the first time.




There were two speakers from the graduating class. The first one asked, "we have been hearing since we were kindergartners that we are the future, but when does it begin?" He then spoke about how we have no greater time than the present. The junior/senior choir sang "This Is The Moment" from Jekyll and Hyde, which has a similar message.

It was also fun to hear the Chamber Singers sing the traditional graduation song. I'm not sure why we sing this because it's really sad.


Today we celebrated my sister's graduation with just our family. Being home for this short amount of time is good, but it makes life a little hectic trying to squeeze everything in.

No comments:

Post a Comment