Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Welcome to National Ritual Celebration Week. Brought to you by Phi Mu.

I really like celebrations. So this is an exciting week. It's a week where we can get back to our basics and our roots as members of greek organizations. It's a week that allows us to celebrate who we are as fraternity and sorority men and women.

For me, there is nothing more important to greek life than our ritual. When people think of fraternities and sororites, they think of social organizations. But, as I have come to discover through excellent programs such as UIFI, FuturesQuest, and AFLV, being social is simply a benefit of membership.


So this week, I will celebrate being a Delta Gamma. I will not celebrate our awesome crush parties, or our beautiful house. I will not celebrate the business we must accomplish that makes us a an organization.

Instead, I will celebrate who we are as women, and as an organization. I will celebrate the wonderful values and traditions that Anna Boyd Ellington, Eva Webb Dodd, and Mary Comfort Leonard created when they came together in 1873.
This week I will celebrate all that we do to fulfill this:
Delta Gamma offers to women of all ages a rich heritage based upon principles of personal integrity, personal responsibility, and intellectual honestly. Its primary purpose is to foster high ideals of friendship, promote educational and cultural interests, create a true sense of social responsibility, and develop the finest qualities of character.

1 comment: