Monday, February 24, 2014

7x7: Writing

7 posts in 7 days. Woof. I signed up on Jen's blog and now I'm telling you all about it, so that means I have to do it...right? Right.

I actually am really excited about this and I want to do it. Ever since I've implemented this 6-step planning process in my life, one of my main roles each week is a writer. And a goal for the past 3 weeks has been to find writing exercises and do them three times a week. And...I have not done that yet. So this 7x7 project is going to be my writing exercises for the week. Thanks for bearing with me.

Of course, now that I've committed to doing this, I can't think of anything to write. Recently, someone told me that writer's block is not a real thing. That only writing when you feel intensely inspired is laziness and we stifle our creativity when we do this. A little intense, yes, but also motivating. I've been in the place where I only write when an incredible idea comes to me...and that just leads to disconnected and incomplete pieces. I don't want to live in a place of perfectionism and inconsistency. No, I want to be a writer who pushes through and makes her work a priority. I want to write when the writing is hard and bad so I can improve it and grow. So this week, I'm focusing on my writing goals.

I actually have a lot of writing goals

  • Make a facebook page
  • Figure out a layout/branding I actually like
  • Set readership goals
  • Dedicate some time to writing each week instead of just doing it sporadically
...but I'm really good at brainstorming goals and not actually following through. I feel like I've been saying that a lot lately....hmm. Maybe I should figure out how to work on that.

Anyways, that's going to be all for today. Thanks for reading, and coming a long for this 7x7 journey. Thank you for giving me an outlet to grow as a writer and have fun along the way. Hopefully, we can create something amazing together this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment