Saturday, April 23, 2011

I'm Coming Home

There's something relaxing about the drive from Des Moines to Kansas City. It's a quick and easy shot, straight down I-35. I always use this time to call friends I haven't talked to in awhile. I usually just get voice mail, but that's okay because I at least get the opportunity to let them know I'm thinking of them.

I've been really worn out these past few weeks and it is refreshing to come home and just be with my family. Like I wrote about on Tuesday, it's been easy for me to loose faith in the things I love recently. That's why I am so happy I am home right now. It's so good to just sit with the people I love and who love me back. It's also been good to get things checked off of my to do list!


I like my family. We're a little weird and not like other families, but when it comes down to it we are there for each other. I've grown to appreciate and love them so much more as I've gotten older, and I hope my siblings will have that same revelation as they grow up. I am so grateful to God for blessing me with these five people, and the relationships we have with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment