Saturday, December 25, 2010

Oh, How He Loves Us.

Sometimes, I think I am way too underwhelmed by what Jesus did for us. By how much He loves us. I get caught up in the "us" part of that, I think. It's probably because the times I grow the most in my faith are the times I am focusing on my campers and making sure that they know that they're special and that God loves them more than they can fathom.

But God loves me. Imperfect, list-writing me. He took the form of a human baby and came to Earth so that I could better understand Him. And He died for me. He would have done it if I was the only person on Earth.

Wow. This is something I know and have been taught since before I can remember, but I usually think about Jesus doing this for us. Be He had every singe one of us on His mind - me included - when He was on the cross. When He was born. When He was doing good works. He did it all for me. And He did it all for you.

That knowledge is enough to blow me away every single day.

But He didn't stop there! No, He blessed me abundantly and continues to do so every day.

I don't want to be underwhelmed by His love for us - His love for me; His love for you. I want to be overwhelmed every single day and have my socked knocked off by this fact. I want to take that knowledge and run with it; I want to praise Him, to be third, and live my life in a constant search of joy, always thanking Him.

So on this beautiful Christmas day, I just want to say thank You to God. Thank You for making me who I am. Thank You for blessing me abundantly. Thank You for:

  • A loving family
  • Allowing my Dad to have a job that allows him to provide
  • The best friends in the entire world
  • Camp
  • DG
  • The ability to learn
  • Books
  • White chocolate covered pretzels
  • All the incredible opportunities I've been given
  • Everything. There's really too much to list


Thank You for loving me in spite of my flaws, and seeing me as the person who You made me to be. Help me to strive to be her every day.

Jesus loves me. And He loves you. More than we will ever know. Don't ever forget how amazing that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment