Friday, January 24, 2014

7QT on Friends, Retreats, & Vision [13]


My team has a post-event offsite today. It's the first one we're having since I joined the team. I'm pretty excited - we're going to take some time to sit with the successes of SLS and spend some time with the vision of our upcoming events. It will be pretty great, since most of our day to day is spent in the details. I'm looking forward to hanging out with them and reminding myself why we do each of these events.

Speaking of reminding myself why I'm doing this, I had some pretty cool prayer about that last week (follow up post, woooo). I would share it here, but I need to spend some more intentional time with the reason I am passionate about each event and what the Lord is asking.

I joined bloglovin' this past week and it is super great. I am actually reading more blogs and discovering new ones there. It's pretty great. Check out my snazzy bloglovin' button to the left underneath my picture!

I was cleaning out my inbox and I found an old email inviting us to a retreat with the Little Sisters of the Poor. I have probably said I want to go to this a good seven times, but done nothing about it. Yesterday, Carol looked at me and said, "why don't you just go?" I realized I could, so I signed up super impulsively.



We stayed with the Little Sisters on the nun run I led last year and it was a blessed and joyful three days. I have no idea why I want to go on this retreat or why I signed up, but I did, and I'm excited for some down time to just be with Jesus.
I think I am still sleep deprived from SLS. I got up when my alarm went off the first time once this week. Tuesday and Wednesday I didn't even wake up when my alarm went off. I haven't done that since senior year of college. I should probably start going to bed earlier.

This week was really all about community. My good friend Katie stayed with me for two days after the Greek Getaway ended, and it was just so much fun. Katie is hilarious and God put her in my life at the exact moment I needed a friend like her. She loves Jesus and people fiercely and inspires me to love better. Katie was a student at UNL and is now the FOCUS Team Director at Drake. I was a student at Drake and a missionary at UNL, so we like to say we swapped places.





Yesterday, I got to see my friend Jess for the first time in 1.5 years, and it was so great. We realized that once May hits, we will have been friends for 4 years - crazy! I met Jess walking from the pool to the lake during staff training my first summer at Camp Tecumseh and she has been one of my closest friends ever since. We talked about how we love the friends where you can pick up right where you left off, and how camp people are a lot like that. She is living in Colorado for the next three months for a rotation, and we are going to be about a 7 minute drive from each other. I can't wait to live up these next three months being real life friends.





For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment