Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Week 3 & 4 in Pictures.

 I had Meghan in 2009 with Molly. We've been pen pals ever since. She is extremely creative and genuine, and I'm so glad I got to see her again! It is crazy that she is finally a Pathfinder.

 This is Emma. She lived in Catawba last week and sat on my lap during the Thursday fireworks show. It was so precious to see how excited she was when they were going off. She sang along perfectly to "Firework" when they played the song.

 Team CILT and Teton Girls. Def. Love them so much.

I'm not usually a big fan of waving my patriotism around obnoxiously, but week 4 at Camp T is a different story. During this week we find as many excuses as possible to chant "USA! USA!" and we dress as American as possible.

Fridays are the best day at Camp. This is mainly because of closing campfire. At the end of closing campfire there is a special ceremony for the campers who can no longer return to camp. As Pathfinder Coordinator, I get to give the medallions to the kids when they are recognized. Last week there were 65 torchbearers, so Mike, one of my village directors, helped me out. We recruited the help of KJ and Tom, the other village director, gave all the kids their candles. It's a very emotional time for all of the kids and we obviously take it very seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment