Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Top 4 Moments From the Boerger/Barry Wedding

Alternate Post Title: In Which I Post All of My Pictures, and Pictures that I Stole From Kraft.

1. JESS AND SETH ARE MARRIED.


Obviously, this was the best part. Jess was probably the most beautiful bride that has ever existed (seriously, is she a model?) and they were just so happy! 


There was so much joy and love radiating throughout the weekend, and I was so honored to be a part of it.

2. Murph was the Matron of Honor, and she gave a great speech at the rehearsal dinner Friday night. 


She talked about how at Camp, we get to be the best version of ourselves, and since Jess & Seth met there, their relationship is rooted in helping each other continue to be the best version of themselves.

3. I knew some great camp people were coming, but the moment when we all first see each other is always so great. 




This weekend was full of those first sight moments - getting picked up from the airport by Murph, then picking up Holly, Jess at the nail salon, Seth, Josh, & Kraft at the rehearsal, and then Paige, the Lang's, and Seegar's at the wedding.


I think I almost cried when we were finally all together (#sorrynotsorry). I loved getting to spend time with all of these wonderful (and slightly crazy) people.



Kraft wrote about how he just falls right back into his role with these friends and that is just so true. I needed some carefree time with these people. 



I cannot describe to you how much I love these people and how much joy there was once we were all together. I am so grateful for the roles they've played in my life, and I'm so glad we have many seasons of friendship to come.



4. I love scheming with other camp friends at camp weddings about when we're going to put flies on the bride & groom. (For you non-Tecumseh-er's, putting flies on someone is when you stand up on your chair and yell a lot. It's weird, but it's fine.) We never actually end up doing it (because it would be highly inappropriate), but the idea always has me laughing uncontrollably about what would actually happen if we put flies on people at their wedding. 



During the rehearsal, I told Murph she was in charge of putting flies on me at my wedding...but now I think I regret that decision. We'll have to see what happens when that day comes.


---

I could go on and on, but I think the overall theme of the weekend was joy, love, and friendship. I left the weekend exhausted, but so incredibly grateful for these people, the way they love me and each other, and the fact that airplanes exist. Because seriously, how great is it that I can travel 2,600 miles round trip for a quick 3-day weekend while reading Something Other Than God on my Kindle?


Congratulations, Mr. & Mrs. Barry!


No comments:

Post a Comment