Tuesday, October 22, 2013

JPII & Wombats

2 Great Things About Today

1. It's wombat day! 

What!? I didn't know either. Due to our team's extensive research, you must eat chocolate to celebrate this holiday! Enjoy this drawing of a wombat.


2. It is Blessed John Paul II's feast day! Hooray!


Oh man, I love JPII. On Sunday I gave a talk to the high school kids about what it means to be a missionary. In the middle of my talk I jumped off the bleachers to grab a giant picture of JPII so he could be praying for me during my talk. It was so great. This man is the reason for my job and for the direction so many young Catholics are headed. Due to his receptivity to the Holy Spirit, we have so many great insights on what it means to be a disciple of Jesus.

In honor of him, here are 3 of my favorite JPII things.

Favorite quote:
"I sense that the moment has come to commit all of the Church's energies to a new evangelization and to the mission ad gentes. No believer in Christ, no institution of the Church can avoid this supreme duty: to proclaim Christ to all peoples." - JPII, Redemptoris Missio, #3

Favorite picture (guys, I'm obsessed with pictures of JPII & Mother Teresa. ahhhhhhhh!):



Favorite internet fan song (you're welcome.):


Happy Tuesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment